GED® Preparation Classes
If you want to prepare for the GED test, KCC can help. You’ll find a welcoming classroom environment, plus instructors and staff who will help you succeed.
- Classes are offered at no cost.
- Choose from day and evening options.
- New sessions begin throughout the year (August through March) online, at the Riverfront Campus (Kankakee), Miner South Extension Center (Watseka), and North Extension Center (Bradley).
How to Enroll
Step 1. Complete the online application.
Step 2. A representative from Adult Ed. will contact you after you submit your application regarding the next steps
Step 3. Please call 815-802-8300 if you have any question or if you are having difficulty with the application.
Benefits of Obtaining Your GED:
- GED graduates, on average, earn $2,040 more a year than employees without a GED.
- GED graduates who attend community colleges, on average, perform as well academically as high school graduates.
- GED graduates are more likely than high school dropouts to receive additional training after earning their credential.
- GED graduates are more likely to be employed full time than employees without a GED.
- About half of GED graduates attended two or four-year colleges after earning their GED credentials.
- Passing the GED represents a level of literacy widely viewed as necessary for social and economic advancement.